The School of International Education is seeking expressions of interest from qualified persons to fill the positions of English Lecturers.
Please submit your CV to Ms. Esther Gao at firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Job Code in the subject of your email (e.g.SIE2102).
University English Lecturers/ Instructors Opportunity in Beijing
Beijing University of Chemical Technology-School of International Education is looking for native speakers of English to teach English in Beijing, China.
Job Code: SIE2102 Work Status: Full-time
1. Teaching students in English reading, writing, speaking and listening.
2. Teaching English courses like Writing and the Environment, Writing Humanities and the Environment, Information Literacy, Professional Writing for Bioprocess Engineering.
3. Preparing students for TOEFL or IELTS tests.
4. Designing, organizing or participating extra-curriculum activities.
5. BUCT Changping Campus.
1. Native speaker of English.
2. Master’s degree or above in English language or related majors.
3. Must have English teaching experience to foreign students.
4. Excellent skills in classroom management and communication with students.
5. Degree in or certificates of TESOL or TEFL would be preferred.
Free on-campus apartment (one bedroom) or housing allowance￥4000 RMB per month will be provided if living outside the campus.
￥9000-15000RMB per month (Negotiable according to the background).
1. Maximum reimbursement of the round-trip flight fare: RMB10000Yuan each academic year.
2. Medical insurance.
3. Winter and summer vacations (nearly 70 days in total).
Number of vacancies: 2
Expected starting date: December 31, 2021
Founded in 1958 and formerly known as Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology has become a nationally recognized multidisciplinary university directly under the Ministry of Education. In the last decade alone, BUCT has made considerable strides in the core fields of science and technology as well as integrating the academic disciplines of management, economics, law, the liberal arts, education and medicine to its curriculum and comprehensive outlook. Now, BUCT has its roots firmly planted on the national stage, becoming a key contributor in both the national ‘211 Project’ and the ‘985 Advantage Subject Innovation Platform,’ while keeping to the original goal of pursuing advanced scientific research and the development of high technology.
Introduction to the School of International Education
The School of International Education (SIE) was established in 2011 as an international education platform for BUCT to implement the strategy of cultivating international talents and introduce high quality overseas education resources. SIE is engaged in running Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Education programs (CCE programs) and offers educational programs for international students, including foundation, undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs at BUCT.
Answering the country’s call for competitive talents with international visions, SIE strives for developing interdisciplinary talents with international communicative competence and building collaborative relationships with overseas universities and institutions to introduce advanced disciplines, education concepts, faculty, teaching methodology and quality assurance systems to BUCT. SIE constantly enhances its curriculum design, quality of teaching and administration which has made positive impacts on university’s interdisciplinary program development, engineering course structure, education philosophy, professional development and administration. To leverage the strengths of BUCT education programs with those from international partner universities and institutions, SIE has established the following CCE double degree programs approved by the Ministry of Education of China:
(1) B.E. in Mechanical Design, Manufacturing & Its Automation from BUCT in collaboration with B.E. in Robotics and Mechatronic Systems Engineering from University of Detroit Mercy (UDM).
(2) B.E. in Bio Engineering in collaboration with B.E. in Bioprocess Engineering from State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY ESF).
(3) B.E. in Industrial Design in collaboration with Bachelor in Product Design from University of Genoa (UNIGE).
Apart from the strong teams of BUCT faculty from different schools and colleges, SIE is also developing its own international faculty including tenured, adjunct and invited professors originally from China, US, UK, Italy, Canada. These scholars contribute to a wonderful international academic environment characterized by dedicated teaching, collaborative research and fluent cross-cultural communication.
Another focus of SIE responsibility is international students. SIE is the administrative body for all international students of BUCT. BUCT is currently offering over 180-degree programs at bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s levels as well as non-degree programs such as Chinese Language, Culture Immersion programs and summer schools. Around 460 international students are studying in different programs on campus.
SIE endeavors to develop constructive cooperation with world-class universities and institutions. It has established cooperation with around 40 overseas universities and institutions from different countries, just to name a few, State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, University of Detroit Mercy, University of Genoa, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Stony Brook University, University of California, Davis, University of California, San Diego, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Northern Michigan University, Dublin Institute of Technology, California Polytechnic State University, Rutgers University, University of Alberta, University of Cambridge, University of Glasgow, Loughborough University, University of Birmingham, University of Northampton, Polytechnic University of Milano, Chimie Paris Tech, and many others.