Notice for Annual appraisal scholarship review of Chinese Government Scholarship
Dear Chinese Government Scholarship students and professors:
According to the requirements of the annual evaluation method for the Chinese Government Scholarship, China Government Scholarship students who want to continue learning in Beijing University of Chemical Technology after Sept.2020 must participate in the annual review of scholarship. Students who fail to take part in the scholarship review without justifiable reasons will be deprived of scholarship.
1. CSC Scholarship students who continue to study at BUCT after Sept.,2020.
2. CSC Scholarship Students who were originally scheduled to graduate in July 2020 but apply for deferred graduation and meet the deferment requirements; meanwhile fill in the form 《Application form for Extension of Scholarship for Chinese Government Scholarship Students》（see attachment 2）.
3. CSC scholarship Students who faced scholarship suspension or reduction because they failed to meet certain requirements last year.
Beijing University of Chemical Technology checks the academic records and comprehensive performances of the CSC scholarship students in an all-round way and puts forward the scholarship review suggestions on the basis of the check results: continue to issue scholarship, suspend scholarship, resume scholarship and cancel scholarship. The scholarship review suggestions will be submitted to the China Scholarship Council for examination and approval.
1. The content of the annual review
1）Academic performance, including the examination and assessment results of all subjects in the first semester of this academic year and the basic learning situation in the second semester
2）Learning attitude and attendance
3）Whether the graduate students have completed the research tasks as required
4 ) Performance and rewards and punishments
2. The Chinese government scholarship will be suspended for one year under any of the following circumstances.
1）Failing to pass the examination result and being kept or demoted
2）The courses completed have not reached the required credits for two consecutive years
3）Being subject to school probation
4) Seriously violate the learning and attendance regulations of the laboratory,do not listen to the supervisor’s advice, and behave badly
Students who face scholarship suspension will be deprived of scholarship from the next academic year, but they can apply for the scholarship before the end of the suspension. If their application is approved by CSC, their scholarship will be resumed from next academic year.
3. Students’ scholarship will be canceled if any of the followings occurs.
1) Being expelled from the university
2) Facing scholarship suspension for two times in total
3) Failing to take part in the scholarship review without justifiable reasons
Students who face scholarship cancellation will be deprived of scholarship from the day when the result is released and their scholarship will no longer be resumed.
1. April 1st,2020, to April 14th,2020
CSC students may download the "Form of Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status" (See attachment 1) . For the first page, students themselves fill in accordingly. The students are required to finish the self-assessment before April 14th,2020. Undergraduate students send form to counselor(Ms. Yin). Master and Ph.d students send to your supervisor by email or wechat.
1）After the undergraduate students completed the self-assessment,
submit the"Form of Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status” to Ms. Yin. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master student: After the evaluation, the supervisor will send
the evaluation form to Mr.Guan. Email: email@example.com
Ph.d student: After the evaluation, the supervisor will send the
evaluation form to Mr. Ke. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. April 15th,2020 to April April 30th,2020
For the second page, counselor will make recommendation for undergraduates and supervisors make recommendation for graduates and sign for their approval. The counselors will collect the result from supervisors before April 30th, 2020.
3. May 6th, to May 10th,2020
Review meeting held by the School of International Education,BUCT.
4. May 11th, to May 16th,2020
Publicize the review results
5. May 17th, to May 20th,2020
Submit result to CSC.
School of International Education
Beijing University of Chemical Technology